We Three

We Three
Three good reasons to get out of bed on a cold, rainy night!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Technology is Making Me Stupid

Yes, Gentle Readers, it's so. When it comes to technology, I am functionally illiterate. And this was illustrated to me as recently as this evening when my husband, Fish, and I tried to put the new hard drive (that I bought from Ebay, which I am still SURE is the right sort) into the new-to-me laptop.


It didn't work. I am still laptop-less. There is a picture on the top of the drive that suggests that this particular drive needs connection cables. Information recived via the 'Net says that we were trying to put it in the wrong space, as there ought to be a little metal sort of exoskeleton that the drive fits into, and that I haven't got. And didn't see.

*sigh*

Am I missing parts? Did we really try to put the hard drive somewhere where it doesn't belong? Do I really need connector cables? I don't have the answers to any of these questions.

This is why I am going to the Computer God store tomorrow (NOT Best Buy, for those of you who are wondering, there's a lovely independent computer parts and repair shop nearby that will help) and will willingly pay somebody else to get this blasted hard drive installed properly in the laptop.

Because I am a technological idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment